Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: The Coolest Looking Super-8 Cameras...

  1. #1
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If anyone would like to post pictures of the coolest looking Super-8 cameras (be it for the exotic design, (a bolex 160 comes to mind), or for their outer beauty (a Canon 814 or 1014XLS comes to mind), this is the thread to do it on.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Looks like the Bauer C2M. I've had 2 and always wished I kept one. Its a great camera for the price and I loved that wiping mask fader via cable release! My only complaint was the focussing screen, that cross line or whatever it was blew.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member AGray's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2002
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yup, it's a C2M, good call. So do you think $15 is a good price for it? I'm starting to get into the whole super-8 thing, and this will be my first camera.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Coolest looking to me has always been the Beaulieu 4008 series.

    be3

  5. #5
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by AGray:
    Yup, it's a C2M, good call. So do you think $15 is a good price for it? I'm starting to get into the whole super-8 thing, and this will be my first camera.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Very good price, in fact if fully working that is a steal. One of the two I sold went for $160 on ebay.

    Its a solid first camera. It has 12, 18, 24 fps and full manual exposure control. Having manual control over the aperture is important if you really get into filming and want to improve your cinematography.

    One recommendation is to get a standard cable release from a local photo store. There are three cable sockets on this camera. One for single frame, one for continuous run and a third is a "wiping mask" for doing manual fades.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member AGray's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2002
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cool, thank you. I only wanted the camera based on looks alone. Now i know i can actually get some real use out of it. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    BTW, now i want one of those beaulieus too. (thanks alot) [img]wink.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by cameraguy:
    Looks like the Bauer C2M. I've had 2 and always wished I kept one. Its a great camera for the price and I loved that wiping mask fader via cable release! My only complaint was the focussing screen, that cross line or whatever it was blew.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    What is a wiping mask fader? Do you mean they made a super-8 camera that would "wipe" to black? I've never seen that on a Super-8 camera.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Super8 Filmmaking in the DigitalAge:


    What is a wiping mask fader? Do you mean they made a super-8 camera that would "wipe" to black? I've never seen that on a Super-8 camera.
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Yup, kind of like a second shutter. I loved the manual nature of it. You control the speed of the fade by how fast/slow you depress/release the cable.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member AGray's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2002
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is the Bauer i found. Thought it looked nice. Has that deco-streamline look to it.
    i 1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •